Celestron CPC 800 GPS XLT Computerized Telescope
The Celestron CPC 800 XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes and includes Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool.
The perfect mix of portability and large aperture size
Use this telescope to see amazing detail on the planets such as the surface of Jupiter, Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are within your reach.
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight at less then 30kg, this telescope is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
Celestron's new CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment
Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for — quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization, and, most important, affordability.
The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use the hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet, and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way).
Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun.
There's also "Solar System Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
The new CPC Series telescopes, like our acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series telescopes feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems that are manufactured in our facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, all CPC models are available with StarBright and StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings.
With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has “gone back to the drawing board” and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value. All CPC models ship standard with our NexRemote telescope control software.
* 8" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
* Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
* Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
* 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
* Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
* Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
* Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
* Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
* Proven NexStar computer control technology
* 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
* Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
* Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
* SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
* Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
* Permanent PEC
* Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
* NexRemote telescope control software and rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
|Product Weight (KG)||27.6|
|Highest Practical Magnification||480x|
|Mount Type||Computerized Mount|
|Warranty||2 Years Limited Warranty|
|User Level||For Advanced|