Designed to be an affordable entry-level to mid-level, computerized GOTO telescope, the Celestron NexStar 102 SLT Refractor is loaded with valuable design features. With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick-release fork arms and tubes, the NexStar SLT telescope can be set up in a matter of minutes - no tools required!
It'll also give you stunning views! You'll see details of the lunar surface, Venus, Mars as an orange disc, Jupiter and moons, Saturn with rings, and much more! And the NexStar 102 SLT can be used as a land-based spotting scope, as well.
Powered by 8 AA user-supplied batteries, an optional AC adapter, optional car-battery adapter, or powertank power source, the NexStar GOTO loves to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high-precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs.
With the NexStar's ergonomically engineered hand controller, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button, you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply find out whether a desired object is visible in the sky.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time, and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. And that's it - alignment so easy it's hard to believe! You'll spend your evening observing, not aligning your telescope!
NexStar 102 SLT General Features
- High quality 102 mm short tube style refractor
- Easy night sky viewing with fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- Straight forward alignment and object location with StarPointer finderscope
- No tool set up with quick release fork arm mount and optical tube!
- Convenient Accessory tray for storing eyepieces etc
- Very stable viewing with stainless steel tripod
- Includes "The Sky"Software to help navigate the night sky!
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
NexStar 102 SLT Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
|Recommended Usage||Astrophotography, Viewing Galaxies/Stars, Viewing Nebulae, Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets|
|User Level||For the Hobbyist|
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.