Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Computerized Reflector Telescope
The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Computerized Reflector Telescope. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope.
And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically track to view any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters, and dozens of beautiful binary stars.
With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter, or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
Portable, User-friendly Design
Powered by 8 AA user-supplied batteries or an optional AC adapter, this NexStar telescope is ready to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. With the NexStar's ergonomically-designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use, or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time, and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. And that's it - alignment so easy it's hard to believe! You'll spend your evening observing, not aligning your telescope!
NexStar 130 SLT Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer