Here's a back country tripod you can easily carry when every ounce counts—you'll still have the height you need to glass. The Vortex High Country Tripod is designed for the high country, the compact ball head and adjustable legs provide solid standing for smaller spotting scopes, binoculars and lightweight cameras. The Vortex High Country tripod is a five-segment unit made to accommodate spotting scopes or binoculars weighing up to 5 lbs (~2.3kg). The High Country's ball head has a quick release mechanism which features the open channel design, instead of the more common fixed-position quick releases. By having an open channel, it is able to have a built-in fore/aft adjustment between the quick release plate and the clamp, so that your binocular or telescope will be ideally balanced over the tripod's center-allowing you to carry a smaller rig while still getting stable observing.
The High Country is king of compactness and light weight, coming it at just 3.5 x 18.8" (8.9 x 47.8cm) WxL when collapsed and being only 2.1 lbs (~1kg) of load to bear.
Vortex High Country Tripod features:
- Independently-adjustable, dual-angle leg segments allow low working heights or observing upon uneven terrain
- 'Open channel' style quick release clamp ideally balances spotting scope
- Simple flipping leg lock levers
- Angled rubber leg tips
- Tough and Durable Anodized Aluminum Legs
- Vortex 3-Year Limited Warranty