The Skywatcher EQ5 GOTO Mount is an EQ5 mount equipped with GoTo capabilities. It has the same type of computerized features found on the heavier HEQ5 and EQ6 Pro mounts. It includes the proprietary SynScan GoTo system; the massive database of celestial object locations and automated alignment functions.
Accurate Automated Slewing
Software and hardware work together to produce the most precise movements possible. Precision crafted gears and motor drive are controlled by the software functions on board the hand controller. The software has built-in error correction to compensate for gears wearing out and other internal factors that affect accuracy.
Enhanced Stargazing Experiece
Once the mount is assembled, you only need to complete the alignment process to start viewing. Automatically point your telescope to the different celestial objects stored in the database at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu allows even the novice users to access the different features of the system. The upgrades lets you spend more time viewing and less time searching for your chosen celestial objects.
Skywatcher EQ5 GOTO Mount features:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 32 micro steps driven
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- Periodic Error Correction
- PC compatibility
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download