Celestron NexStar SLT Series Computerized Telescopes
Celestron's new NexStar series have been designed to be affordable entry-to-mid level computerised GoTo telescopes - and these Star Locating Telescopes (SLT) are available in many popular sizes, jam-packed with valuable design features. These telescopes have adjustable stainless steel tripods that come pre-assembled for your convenience, quick rlease fork arms and tubes. This allows your NexStar SLT to be set up in mere minutes - no tools required! You'll then be able to see the details of the moon's surface, Venus and her phases, Mars as an orange disc, Jupiter and his moons, Saturn and its rings, and so much more! Most NexStar SLTs are also capable of being used for land (terrestrial) viewing.
Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Computerized Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
The intelligent design of the Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Computerized Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope allows its 127mm (5in) aperture size to be utilized to its fullest extent. With a long focal-length of 1500mm, this telescope will be capable of magnifications up to 300x! The Celestron NexStar 127 SLT also incorporates computerised star locating technology, and comes packaged with a tripod that's complete with a filly computerized altazimuth mount.
The 127SLT is a computerized telescope, containing a database of over 4,000 celestial objects - simply select an object from the database from the handheld controller, and the telescope will swing to it for you! Furthermore, its computerized function extends to tracking the object as it moves across the Earth's sky. With a flash-upgradeable motor control unit and hand controller, you'll be able to download product and software updates quick and conveniently over the Internet.
Celestron's patented SkyAlign technology will also allow for a fast and easy alignment process - simply align your telescope agafinst any three bright sky objects, and you're good to go!
NexStar 127SLT - General Features
- High quality 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Night sky viewing made easy with fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- Database of 4,000+ night sky objects
- Focus on sky objects quickly with the StarPointer finderscope
- Quick and painless set up with Quick-release fork arm mount
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod
- Convenient accessory tray included
- Includes "The Sky" Software (Night Sky education)
NexStar 127 SLT - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.