The Celestron FirstScope Accessory Kit expands the capabilities of your FirstScope telescope to make it more enjoyable and easier to use, enhance your views of the night sky, and make it safer to transport wherever you go.
Accessory Kit Includes:
- 12.5 mm Eyepiece – 1.25" – Increases the power to 24x which makes it easier to find and observe some objects that require more magnification.
- 6 mm Eyepiece – 1.25" – This eyepiece increases the power to 50x which boosts the magnification up higher to see more detail of faint objects.
- Moon Filter – 1.25" – A moon filter reduces the brightness of the moon and improves contrast so that greater detail can be observed on the lunar surface. The filter has threads on it which screw into the bottom of the eyepieces.
- 5x24 Finderscope & bracket – This finderscope with bracket will make it easier to locate astronomical objects with the FirstScope telescope because of its much wider field of view and low magnification. Installation is simple with no tools necessary.
- CD-ROM – "The SkyX" – Lets you explore and develop an understanding of basic astronomy. This full featured planetarium software is capable of printing star charts, displaying beautiful astronomical photos, helps you to identify planets and stars, learn the constellations, and much more. Operating Systems: Windows XP and Vista, as well as Mac OS 10.4.8 and later.
- Nylon Carrying Bag for FirstScope Telescope – Pack your FirstScope telescope and accessories in this tote bag for easy and safe transportation.
Celestron FirstScope Accessory Kit Features
- Excellent addition to the Celestron FirstScope
- Get started right away with the eyepieces, moon filter and FinderScope
- Super easy no-tool setup
- "The SkyX" CD-ROM includes tons of information great for learning
- Includes carry bag to safely store and transport your telescope and accessories
Celestron Accessories Two Year Limited Warranty
Items 1 to 5 of 6 total
There's no reason why you shouldn't buy this if you are thinking about getting the firstscope. (Posted on Apr 12, 2012)
Pros: light, easy to carry, price, portability
the lenses are a nice addition and the moon filter helps dim down the moon and bring out alot more surface detail on the craters. (Posted on Dec 02, 2011)
However, if you you want a spotter scope for a Celestron First Scope then .....
It is 100% plastic, doesn't focus very well and is hard (virtually impossible) to align precisely with the scope, but it does work.
If you are using a 4mm lense on the scope this does make it a lot easier. And although you probably won't see your subject in the lense once you've aligned it with the spotter scope, it will be close by and I've found generally easy to locate.
If you have a First Scope and are looking at stars, this will make it a lot easier. (Posted on May 27, 2011)
Pros: light weight
Cons: focus mechanism, Doesn't focus real well
Pros: light, easy to carry, price, portability, light weight, Accurate, user friendly, Good price, Decent glass, Positive adjustments, portable, accurate, quality +++, Beautifully crisp image!
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.