Celestron CGEM - 925 Computerized Telescope features our high-end 9.25" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM™ mount.
The Celestron CGEM™ mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™ (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Celestron CGEM 925 Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope Features:
- High Levels of Optic Clarity and Sharpness
- Large 9.25" aperture offers outstanding light gathering capabilities
- Premium Celestron StarBright XLT Optic Coatings
- Easy and automated night sky viewing with computerized equatorial mount
- Ultra Sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Comfortable viewing position for objects high in the sky with star diagonal
- 6x30 finderscope accurately finds objects
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
CGEM 925 Computerized Mount Features:
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encodes offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- GPS compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
- Secure power plug ensures that the Mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
|Recommended Usage||Astrophotography, Viewing Galaxies/Stars, Viewing Nebulae, Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets|
|User Level||For Professionals|
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.