The Celestron CGEM 800 HD XLT Computerized Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is a high end 8” Optical Tube Assembly mounted on a CGEM™ mount. Its optics are XLT coated giving you the brightest and sharpest images possible. The CGEM mount is designed for ease of control and quick, smooth adjustments.
HD Optics and Imaging
The brand new EdgeHD optical design is guaranteed to please the user. With the improved and advanced high definition optical system, astrophotographers are sure to love the quality that you receive even in wide field images. With the EdgeHD, you will experience little or no distortion to your images when coupling it with your favourite CCD or DSLR camera.
Equipped with a removable secondary mirror on the optical tube, this additional feature allows for exposure times that are up to 25 times faster than normal, all the while still yielding a field of view that is five times wider than normal. To use this function, a third party lens assembly is required to take over and replace the secondary mirror. But this handy attribute lets the user capture wide field images in a small amount of time!
Precise Alignments and Steady Mount
All-Star polar alignment process allows the system to assist with alignment. The mount can also track objects well pass the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky.
Computerized Mount Features
- Industry and Consumer proven NexStar computer control technology
- Computer database of over 40,000 objects
- Quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Meridian preference for slewing
- Solar System alignment method
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- NexRemote telescope control software included
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron CGEM 800 HD XLT Computerized Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features
- 8" EdgeHD Optics
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Latest Firmware Update: Click Here
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.