TheCelestron CGEM 1100 Computerized Telescope features a high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrain OTA with the famous XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM™ mount.
Ergonomic CGEM MountDesign
The CGEM™ mount is not just a pretty face with its new and bold appearance. It is fully capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes securely and vibration free. This makes it perfect for both imaging and visual observing purposes. CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The CGEM series aim to make things easier with the All-Star Polar Alignment procedure which allows you to choose any bright star in the sky, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another reason why the CGEM is great for astrophotography is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).This feature is meant to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while allowing for the mount to maintain the PPEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (which is imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky.
Celestron CGEM 1100 Computerized Telescope Features:
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with motor armatures thatare skewed to minimize cogging which is required fro low speed tracking.
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- RS-232 communication port on hand control
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
Latest Firmware Update: Click Here
|Recommended Usage||Astrophotography, Viewing Galaxies/Stars, Viewing Nebulae, Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets|
|User Level||For the Professional|
Celestron warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the length of time specified by this product to the original owner. Each product will list the warranty for it on our website.
Celestron will repair or replace the product which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship and within the definitions of the limits described below.
This warranty is effective January 1, 2012, and supersedes all other warranties as noted in brochures, instruction manuals, product packaging, etc.
This warranty does not cover products that have been subject to abuse, misuse, physically damaged, altered, or had unauthorized repairs or modifications. This warranty does not cover defects due to normal wear and tear and other conditions.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any binocular or spotting scope covered by this warranty within thirty calendar days of receipt. If it takes longer, the customer will be notified.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your product, please contact our Customer Service.